Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new {foam safe}spray paint

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new {foam safe}spray paint

HI ALL just wanted to let every one know i found new foam safe spray paint at Michaels arts and crafts. using it on my new f-18 scratch build !!! beautiful color !!! goes on easy !!! doesn't stink up the house either !!! So the paint is called Liquitex, they have a lot of color's and i will post a link !!
    http://www.michaels.com/liquitex-professional-spray-paint/MD002735S.html?dwvar_MD002735S_color=Fluorescent%2 0Red#q=liquitex&start=23\

Thanks michael

RE: new {foam safe}spray paint

Michael,

Thanks so much for that link and I am so glad that finally we can now get Acrylic paints in spray cans!!

Just to note that because they are in spray cans, one has to read the label carefully and perhaps paint in well ventilated areas in case the can contain solvents such as alcohol and others.

All art supplies sold in the US must bear the phrase, “conforms to ASTM D 4236,” confirming that they have been properly labeled for chronic health hazards, in accordance with the federal Labeling Hazardous Art Materials Act (LHAMA).

http://www.greenamerica.org/livinggreen/toxicart.cfm

Comment

Originally posted by guapoman2000
      Michael,

Thanks so much for that link and I am so glad that finally we can now get Acrylic paints in spray cans!!

Just to note that because they are in spray cans, one has to read the label carefully and perhaps paint in well ventilated areas in case the can contain solvents such as alcohol and others.

All art supplies sold in the US must bear the phrase, “conforms to ASTM D 4236,” confirming that they have been properly labeled for chronic health hazards, in accordance with the federal Labeling Hazardous Art Materials Act (LHAMA).

http://www.greenamerica.org/livinggreen/toxicart.cfm
      Well thank you quapman2000 !!! and yes it does conform to that rule !!

Comment

Originally posted by iammorpheous2
        HI ALL just wanted to let every one know i found new foam safe spray paint at Michaels arts and crafts. using it on my new f-18 scratch build !!! beautiful color !!! goes on easy !!! doesn't stink up the house either !!! So the paint is called Liquitex, they have a lot of color's and i will post a link !!
        http://www.michaels.com/liquitex-professional-spray-paint/MD002735S.html?dwvar_MD002735S_color=Fluorescent%2 0Red#q=liquitex&start=23\

Thanks michael
        Great news for scratch builders who use the foam sheet found in Michaels or Hobby Lobby. So... the propellants don't melt the foam? How well does it adhere? Thanks, Doctor Mike

Comment

Originally posted by doctormike
          Originally posted by iammorpheous2

Thanks michael
          Great news for scratch builders who use the foam sheet found in Michaels or Hobby Lobby. So... the propellants don't melt the foam? How well does it adhere? Thanks, Doctor Mike
          [hr]
          It does go on really nice !!!! I sand the foam first then spray it !!! Drys in about 3 hrs

Comment

Its always a good idea to rebalance the plane after repainting it. Paint doesn't weigh a lot but it might be enough to affect the balance.

Comment

I've used Liquitex for years in both my paintings and for models. Didn't realize they have a spray version, I usually buy the tubes and mix it down and spray it with the spray gun.
              Interesting, as it is very high quality paint.

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

Guys does the Liquitex spray paint affect the foam board (with and without the paper)?

Thanks
                LET

Comment

Not sure what you mean "with or without the paper', but I've found Liquitex to be great on the foam.
                  When I had to match the paint on the Tomahawk after changing out the Tiger insignias, I used Liquitex to mix and match the color, here's the results...
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6748_0006.JPG
Views:	1082
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	129891Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6750_0008.JPG
Views:	1120
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	129892
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6751_0009.JPG
Views:	1124